Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So I finally convinced Jason to run a half marathon with me. A few months ago I signed us up for the Big Sur trail half marathon, not really realizing how hard it was. But, we trained anyway, and ran the race last weekend. It was REALLY hard! It was 13.1 miles with almost 3,000 feet of incline. And it was 90 degrees outside. That was definitely the hardest part. We accomplished our goal of running the whole race without walking, but by the end we pretty much thought we were going to die. The picture of the course is hill #2 out of 3. We ran up the switchbacks to the little white dot to the above left of the big tree. Anyway, we did it, and we are proud of ourselves, but I don't think either one of us will feel the need to run up a mountain for a really long time!


6 comments:

Emery said...

you're such a stud, erin. i have no desire to run a race like that, so i'll pretend to live vicariously through you. way to go!

Tiffany said...

Ya, you guys are crazy - but you look fantastic being crazy :) Maybe someday I will do some form of exercise . . . someday. Ha ha

Raenbows and Mud Puddles said...

You guys rock!! Gabe just ran a half marathon last weekend too! He ran quite a few when he was deployed (like 100*+ weather) so he totally knows the feeling of the heat..we are running our first one "together" next march! So excited- you guys are awesome!

Whit said...

well done my crazy friend.

DevLyn said...

That looks crazy! Good Job!!!

leah said...

That is so cool that you and Jason did that together. I'm still working on Toby to do something more than a 5k with me some day. What a fun memory you guys will always have..although it sounds like it was more grueling than fun. I'm impressed that you ran that whole thing..it was a trail run, right? Those are killers...I've only done one and it was only 10 miles, but yes, it about killed me! Strangely I think I would do it again....are you interested? :)